31 October 2008

Is it overwhelming

to use a crane to crush a fly?

Well, Halloween, you've certainly brought my fears to fruition. I am dressed as a crazy cat lady. Maybe I should have gone for sexy instead of accuracy. Walking to work, I realized I looked more homeless than anything. Grey sweatpants, long (to the middle of my shins) shirt/dress with a polka dot and floral pattern, white leopard print jacket, babushka, cat ears, gloves, plastic bags. Indoors, I'm also wearing slippers. With sheep on them. Oh, and I'm carrying around a stuffed cat. Yeah, one foot in the grave.

Due to health issues, I have been exuding overwhelming amounts of crazy. I thank and apologize to those who have dealt with me. I've been sleeping more and drinking less.

What difference does self-aware make? Just because I know why I'm doing or thinking what I'm doing or thinking doesn't make those things any better.

I'm no longer moved to drink strong whiskey.

I talked to Justin and Natalie for about a half hour on Tuesday. It was good. It's always good.

I would apologize for who I am, but no one else does. And I'm not really sorry about it. I am who I am who I am who... For the most part, that's good enough for me. I've got coffee. It only ever treated me poorly when I started getting an ulcer during my last semester in school. Even then, it was not offended when I had to say no for a little while. It has fully embraced my return.

I wrote a new poem. I don't hate it. I have another idea. But just half of one.

-Theresa

No comments: