13 October 2008

When you remember.

I sometimes forget that the past stays where it is until you bring it into the present. It's got this residue laced within it. Sometimes it's easier to wash off then others. Sometimes, the smell reminds people of. Sometimes that's enough.

I remembered I did something stupid. More, I never forgot. But such is life. Pack up. Move on.

It was a good weekend. I often wish my parents had cared more about nature. I suppose they were products of their environment. I was. And then I moved away. I would like to think I am no product. Creation, maybe. Product, no. I would like to think I can grow out. I think I can. I would like to believe it's possible.

My stupid mouth. You bet. It got me in trouble.

We live in a world of transactions. Money for goods. Time for theories. Love for hope. Memory for memory. If you then I. I would like to grow out of this. I don't always need something in return. I usually don't. But happiness and joy. Aren't they ends to a mean? I am happy because.

Don't love me because.

Under my skin. I can't taste you yet.

Yet. Bold. Defined. And not. Guaranteed eventuality. Can you count on that?

Can you count on me?

Can I count on me?

Back by popular demand. I am pulling the covers back. Over my head.

I think about the abstract idea of future too much. And I think about the present so much that it becomes surreal. And I consider the past so much that it belongs to someone else.

-----

Friends. Friends.

Friends. Friends.
New and Old.
Some make Warm
and some make Cold.

-----

I haven't heard Him enough. I haven't listened hard enough. I know. Maybe I can fast from assumptions and dragging. I want to know where I'm going. But Drifting, the kind I've been doing, I don't think it's as bad as I thought before. The problem isn't that I'm drifting. It's what I'm allowing to control the wind. New Wind. Really, same wind. New resolve.

I'm the same soul I've always been. I'm just seeing it a little differently now.

I think I'm going to look up songs. And then print them. And the practice. And practice. And play these words from my hands and my mouth. And can we trade, please?

And I will let you in.

-Theresa

No comments: