25 October 2008

A faith, restored.

Yesterday, I received a phone call from the Apple store I took my computer to. Jeff, a manager there, decided that after looking at the multiple case reports on my computer, a new computer was in order. That's right. I'm getting a new computer.

I had the choice between the MacBook White or the new MacBook because I had put so much extra money into the machine I bought before. The choice seemed relatively clear but I spent the night thinking about it anyway. I also consulted (read: IMed) a friend about what he thought was best. New aluminum MacBook it is. I don't mind making an hour drive when what I am returning with is better than what I dropped off.

So, Apple, thank you. I'm sorry for having doubted you.

The jerk of an associate? He's getting talked to. I don't want to get him in trouble. He's not going to be.

Jeff, the manager, went to Western and his fiance's name is also Theresa. As I write this, he is starting the data transfer that will take twenty hours. I will have my computer tomorrow.

Oh, and I was instructed to call up Apple Care and ask for a refund since I still have a year's worth of service. They'll refund a year's worth of what I paid since the new computer will already have a yearlong warranty on it and it doesn't make sense to transfer the time. And I can still buy the new warranty for student pricing.

In all honesty, this is not what I expected. But I am pleased (elated) to say the least. Thank you again, Apple, for realizing what needed to be done to both satisfy and keep a customer. My faith in you is restored.

-Theresa

1 comment:

Our life...being blown by the rain said...

Uhm, YES! When? Why are you driving through? Come! Good, I can't wait to see you. Oh, and yay for your new computer! :) You don't have good luck with new things...hopefully that will change!