08 October 2008

That one about the things.

I got the battery in the mail. It didn't fit in my computer. They sent me another one and it arrived the next day. It works! So maybe the first Mac Genius wasn't an idiot. But I was still right about over heating issues. And that's what matters. Monday, I caught a glimpse of my power supply cord. The plastic casing? Coming off. I called. They're sending me a new one. Today, it stopped working all together.

A running tally of the things on my computer that have been replaced:

Hard drive
Mother board
Keyboard
Track pad (twice)
iSight
Battery
Power supply cord
Its soul

If all goes well, this should be the last thing I need. Sure is a good thing I bought a warranty, huh?

I feel like the people I've been hanging out with lately don't expect anything of me. And I love it. I'm not tapped out. It would be that I have half the amount of time obligated to things. So every commitment doesn't feel like a tightening noose. I like that I'm not supposed to be anyone. I can be who I am and that's enough. Did that come out wrong? Not sure I care.

Damn, I wish I could figure out who I am. Anyone have any ideas?

Michael Beauchamp is playing my birthday party. The party will be 8 November. I am excited by the thought of a birthday show. Though his music isn't exactly danceable music, I like the idea of the show being the focus of the party. Oh, and me.

As of this coming weekend, I will have joint custody of Settlers of Catan.

Oh, in five days, I am to call back a Starbucks and ask for an interview. I'm pretty sure I already have the job unless I screw up something huge. Which I shouldn't. But I might. I was trying to quit drinking coffee. But now it's free. So, really, I can't say no to that.

What am I supposed to do with my life? Deliberate. Leave comments.

I am formulating new tattoo designs in my mind.

I'm shaking a little bit. I don't think it's caffeine. It could be the cold. It could be the two hours of sleep.

I could be your Queen of Carrot Flowers (part 1, 2 & 3). I promise, I won't put a fork right into your shoulder.

I've had two compliments about my shirt today. Brown and blue. Don't doubt my commitment. Then another comment about my smell. Today, the barista told me I smelled nice and ten put my coffee in the wrong cup. I flustered him. I'm okay with it. Yesterday, I was told I have a particular smell. Which I know. I've smelled pretty much the same for six years. I smell like apples. My deodorant, shampoo and hair products have changed. The apples are eternal. Take a number like five. Times ten. Times ten again.

Did I hear correctly? Is Neutral Milk Hotel going on tour?

Spaghetti. I'm okay with it. Yesterday, you called yourself a pancake. I could see it.

-Theresa

No comments: