25 November 2008

Will I Always Feel This Way?

Not if I sleep for twelve hours in one night.

I woke up in a considerably better mood today than I have been lately. I didn't hang out with anyone. I watched a movie, read a bit, wrote a poem and went to sleep. Great decision, I think.

I like the poem I wrote last night. Proud isn't the right word, but it's the first one that comes to mind. Too much Palahniuk.

I'm going home Thursday morning. Bright and early for Thanksgiving. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving since 2004. This will be interesting.

I found a month-long publishing program in Denver. It's almost exactly what I'm looking for in terms of training and whatnot. It's supposed to prepare people for jobs in publishing and help those in school for library/information science, among other things. The downfall? It's a month-long program that costs more than $4000. And no, they don't offer financial aide since the program is so short.

I'm actually researching programs and possibilities for my life. And I may even retake the GRE soon. We'll see. I wasn't happy with my verbal score. But that was totally my fault.

Potential things to go to school for:

Arabic Sociolinguistics
Publishing
Editing
Teaching
Library Science
Applied Linguistics
Professional Mix CD maker.

Now, where do I go?

My limited reader base, if you would, make me up a life plan and leave it in a comment. It doesn't even have to reasonable. Okay, thanks.

-Theresa

No comments: