10 November 2008

After the party.

Had a good birthday party. Good people. Good music. Good times.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. My cough got worse. And there's a thing on my neck. Seems about that time I started taking care of my body and whatnot.

I'm frustrated with my jobs. I work at the writing center at a community college. I guess I don't like helping people who won't help themselves. It's not helping. It's doing someone else's work for them. There were quite a few people in today who just wanted me to do their work for them. Today, I played tough love and told people that I could only help them get the grade they were willing to put the time in for. If you don't care about the work you are doing, I won't either. Don't tell me you don't care what grade you get. I will send you away if there are other people waiting to be helped. That's not fair to anyone.

Other job... A guy came in and asked where a newspaper was. I showed him. His kid knocked about ten to fifteen other newspapers on the floor. He says, "I couldn't have done it better myself." He looks through the paper he wanted. And then throws it on top of the pile his kid created. Walking away, he says, "thanks for your help." To which I respond, "thanks for cleaning up after yourself."

A public forum is not a good place to complain about work. So, I'm stopping.

I was super grumpy today. And then Eana sat down and talked to me. Now, I feel better. Maybe I just needed someone to talk to me. We're getting drinks after work. That will be good. Also, I think it helps when someone understands exactly what you think and feel about something. Do you think I could get more vague? Maybe I wonder if things get better if anyone knows anything about stuff. Yeah, that was more vague, I think.

I'm having a birthday dinner tomorrow. I'm waking up, going to the doctor and then cooking my little heart's content. I bought all the stuff already. I guess it's not really dinner. It's more of an all day spread. Lots of food. Lots of love. I hope.

There's my general update of what's going on. Okay, bye.

-Theresa

No comments: