05 November 2008

Samson Went Back to Bed

Working at the library. There's a guy right in front of me listening to Regina Spektor. I am pleased. I didn't expect it either. It's a welcome vacation from the rhythmic thumpings that are usually going on. Actually, they're going on too. I can just ignore them better when Regina is by my side.

It's about that time I looked into a doctor, huh? Well, I'll get on it. I guess I get to keep my health insurance for one more year. I didn't make enough last year. Well, good.

The election? I didn't vote. Am I pleased with the outcome for the president elect? Yes. Do I want to keep talking about it? No.

I gave up on reading Rushdie for the time being and have moved on to Kafka. So far, I am surprised.

I am often surprised to find out the regard in which I am being held by others. A friend gave me keys to her apartment last night. Another friend hasn't canceled plans once. Another asked me to get his stuff because he was too busy.

My life has become too stagnant for my liking. I need more adventure. I think I'll need to make that happen on my own. I'm going on a road trip 20 November. Instead of going home. I think we're ending up in North Carolina. I wish I had another eleven days and seven thousand miles to travel. Those were a good eleven days. These will be a good three.

To encourage me to be more adventurous, I am trying to feel less bad about taking time off work. And deferring my student loans. I could handle the payments. And that would be all I could handle. So, I'm not going to do it right now. But, I will pay the interest. That will at least keep me from getting behind.

Birthday party on Saturday. Michael Beauchamp is playing. Quite a few people have RSVPed. I'm pretty excited about it. My sister is coming to visit too. Tuesday, I'm going to wake up and starting cooking. And drinking. Tuesday, I will be twenty-three. It's not the older that scares me. It's the directionless that does.

It's hard to find meaning in everything. Sometimes, anything. Should I keep looking? Or should I believe an old king of Jerusalem when he says, "Everything is meaningless"?

Apparently, the guy sitting in front of me is a girl. Oops.

I shouldn't be tired. Of course, I am. Maybe I'll just get back to reading?

Oh, The Avett Brothers are good.

-Theresa

1 comment:

b squared said...

Yay Regina Spektor! Yay birthdays! Yay keeping insurance! Yay Road trip!