29 March 2009

Phoenix, AZ (part 1)

I'm putting this in parts only because I'm still going to be here for a little while longer and I figured it didn't make any sense to call this post "Phoenix, AZ" when I'll probably write again. Woah. Holy self-explanation.

Let's see. I saw Triina and her boyfriend. It was pretty great seeing her. She got a onesie. I got a dress.

Went to Tempe for a day. It was exactly what a college town should be. TONS of bikes. And there was a brewery. It was okay. But it wasn't too hoppy and my beer was three dollars and they didn't charge me a cover so it's better than Bell's in all of those respects. I met Nate and Sarah's friend Ryan there. He's our potential fourth roommate. He seems nice enough and he doesn't mind that I don't shower often.

The first night we were here, I was taken to In & Out burger. Also okay. I know they make the fries there but they were skinny fries and I like a little potato to my fry. The son of the people we are staying with took me there. He's Joey. We're all hanging out with him on Tuesday. I felt like a creeper because my mom's friend, Summer, took me for drink at the place he works. We didn't see him so I felt less like a creeper.

Hanging out with Summer... Well, she picked me up from the certification test (which sucked) and we went shopping at a market. She bought my mom a ton of stuff but I feel really weird about it. We went back to her house where she filled me with food. Man, was it great. I was tired since I'd gotten up at six and was running on fumes. But there was Turkish coffee involved so I didn't mind too much until later. Her son came home at one point and we talked. Well, he talked. But he offered to help me get a job since he has so many connections and I can't express my gratitude accurately. When I say job, I mean a $34,000 salary. Yeah, what would you say? In return, I've promised to offer dating advice upon his insistence. Hey, he didn't ask what my history was. Anyway, I went with Summer to see a Flamenco show. It was okay. I was dead tired and I felt bad that she had to keep driving me around and everything. Nothing is really that close here and there's always tons of driving. Like, she didn't mind driving forty-five minutes for drinks.

I might have more insight but I think I'm addicted to coffee again. So I'm going to go satiate that desire.

-Theresa

No comments: