09 December 2008

She says "wake up, it's no use pretending"

So I think I'm tired of skirting around issues. I'm going big for lack of want of going home. Where is that anyway? Yeah, I know. It's written on me. But it's lonely there. I mean, if we're getting to the heart of the matter. Ha.

That being said, my limited reader base, I've decided to declare this blog and my life a "bullshit free zone" (BSFZ). In this BSFZ, I don't lie or pretend like things don't matter. I am honest but still kind. I am true to myself because, damn it, if I'm not, who will be? I won't be so fucking sorry for everything I do. It's not that I won't feel remorse. I am still often sorry for things that I feel I could have changed for the better but didn't. It's just that I think there are healthier things to feel than sorrow for things that are outside of my control.

That being said, Things I'm Not Sorry For:

Telling you to turn your music down.
Telling you how you actually come across.
Drinking tequila.
Caring.
Being honest.
Feeling the way I feel.
Being the person that I am.
Loving you.
Not loving when I wasn't supposed to.
Making mistakes I learn from.
Wanting.
Apologizing and meaning it.

We are in the BSFZ. Here, all that matters is that you are yourself. Here, if you don't give a shit, don't expect me to. Here, I live my life as I believe it is intended to be lived. Or at least try to. If that's not good enough for you, I'm not going to be sorry. Good God, I think what I would be is relieved to no longer have you in my life. What I'm saying here is that I'm going to start putting thought and intentions to action. It's all good and great that I want to be someone better. It doesn't matter if I do nothing about it.

One will spread our ashes 'round the yard.

-Theresa

2 comments:

Justin Boyd said...

Hooray for the BSFZ zone. Theresa, I am going to try to read your blog more so you had better start writing heaps of good stuff. :)

Smells Like Apples said...

I'll see what I can do, Justin. I'll see what I can do. :)