25 May 2011

The days of the week

Snap. Snap.

Today marks the end of my first year of teaching.

Oh, I should warn you that this is one of those "writing-about-what's-going-on-with-no-real-connections-other-than-in-my-head" posts.

Goal: Be a better teacher next year.
Next steps: Long term plans and centers to be completed over the summer.

Goal: Have a real vacation.
Next steps: Stop worrying about what's going to happen when I get home.

Goal: Road Trip 2011
Next steps: Find someone to drive with.

In terms of Road Trip 2011, the facts are these:

I was going to fly to San Francisco, Seattle and then Detroit. Instead, I will drive to San Francisco with a girl from work, fly to Seattle alone and potentially (hopefully) meet Kensey, and then fly to Detroit on June 23. From there, I would like a road trip.

Potential places to visit:

Kalamazoo and a variety of stops in Michigan
Chicago
Little Rock
Alabama
North Carolina

Potential meaning I know someone and/or have been invited to come. My intention is to spend more time in Kalamazoo than Detroit. At least I have keys to a house there.

There is a very big difference between being wanted, needed and necessary. Unfortunately, I feel I understand the very clear distinction between those adjectives.

Goal: Have friends to drink with by the end of the next year of teaching.
Next steps: ...Dang.

-Theresa

4 comments:

Julia said...

The first thing I would like to tell you is that I love the new look for the blog!

Also, I would LOVE to see you when you are in Michigan. As Holland is a bit out of the way, perhaps I could meet you in Kalamazoo! Or you could come visit in Holland and play at the beach!

Smells Like Apples said...

Julia!! Thanks!

I'll be in Michigan June 23 through July 1. I'm planning on being in Kalamazoo from June 27-July 1. From there, I'm flying out from Chicago to OKC to visit Marita. I won't have a car because of all the flying and such although, my mom said I could just borrow hers. Wanna just come to Kalamazoo? Or convince someone to drive me to you? I miss you!!!

Xlynn said...

Road trip! Road trip! Road trip! I will totally get my drive on with you, if you need someone to drive with, now that I know driving isn't so bad! :D

Julia said...

Theresa, I will come visit you in Kalamazoo, most definitely. Just call me or send me a message when you are there. Or I will call you! I'm excited!